Wednesday, December 09, 2009

When in Rome...




This is a job I finished last night, a retirement gift for a director of a company that's off to Rome. I've decided to show a little bit of the process as I find it interesting when other artists do the same.

I make a rough sketch that's actually multiple sketches composed together in Photoshop, I don't always do this but I find it more convenient and less stressful. I almost always end up getting one or two parts wrong so I end up re-drawing them seperately anyway.

I'll then print it out in light blue, as alot of artists do, ink it with any 0.1 or 0.3 technical drafting pen I happen to have lying around, then scan it in and remove the underlying blue lines in PS.

Then the colouring is just plain ol' PS with a standard round brush.

No comments: