Thursday, July 02, 2009

Okay, I'm probably abandoning this idea now, the composition just isn't working for me, this is a ruff, hack'n'slash visualisation of what I wanted to do with it, but like I said, not working. It's based on childhood fears, namely mine of deep depths and what lurks within (thanks Mum and Dad, for letting me watch Jaws and other such watery nightmares at a young age). It's a shame because drawing those rocks was Goddamned tedious. Oh well.

This is a quick sketch as an alternative, I think the composition is much stronger but I still want to include sea monsters in it, but at the moment there isn't any room. Hummm...

1 comment:

Sukh said...

Shame you're giving up on that illustration, it's an awesome idea. I think the large tentacle needs moving, you got the boy top left that then leads the eye down to the girl and then the tentacle takes you out of the picture through the middle. Perhaps reinforcing a 'V' composition? Making the cliffs higher on the right and lowering the middle a tad.

Second one is definitely stronger compositionally, and yeah, no room for a monster! Unless you have an octopus wrapped around the rock where the boy stands, but then you lose the whole 'too scared to jump in' narrative...